| Difficulty Level: | Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 25 min |
The light flavor of leeks and the sweet, clean flavor of Sea Scallops are an excellent combination to serve as a main course or a first course. Either way, it's superb!
1 1/2 tsp. Unsalted Butter
Salt and Freshly Ground White Pepper
1 1/4 Cups of Warm Beurre Blanc (See Recipe Here)
Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Trim the root end and the stiff green ends of the leek.
- Split it lengthwise, white and light green parts, and rinse it under cold running water to remove any snd or dirt.
- Slice the leek crosswise into very thin slices. You should have about 1/2 cup of sliced leeks.
- In the small saute pan, melt the butter over very low heat. Add the leeks, cover, and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer or until tender.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Put the warm Beurre Blanc in a stainless-steel bowl.
- Transfer the leeks to the beurre blanc. Set the bowl over a larger one filled with hot water to keep warm.
- Spray a baking pan large enough to hold the scallops in a single layer with cooking spray.
- Spread the scallops in a single layer and bake for about 5 minutes, turning once or until opaque and barely cooked through.
- Divide the sauce among 4 small plates and top the sauce with 3 scallops on each plate.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy!