| Difficulty Level: | Serves 2 | Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 12 - 14 min |
In this recipe, transform cinnamon roll dough into irresistibly crispy bites that are topped with heavenly Bourbon Whipped Cream, fresh strawberries, and a sprinkle of colorful delights. They make the perfect indulgent treat for your morning coffee or as a decadent dessert. Our newest Brunch Packages include Cinnamon Roll Dough. Click Here to explore them all.
Tip: Substitute 1 tsp Almond Extract for Bourbon for a family-friendly flavor.
| Ingredients for Bourbon Cream:
1 3⁄4 cup Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt
1 cup Cream Cheese Softened2 tsp Bourbon
Ingredients for Topping:
1 ½ cups Strawberries Sliced
4 each Strawberries Whole
1 tsp Rainbow sprinkles
1 tsp Chocolate sprinkles
Ingredients for Cinnamon Crisps:
2 each Cinnamon Roll Dough
1 Tbsp Coarse Sugar
- Add yogurt and the cream cheese to a mixer bowl fitted with a whisk, and mix on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and whisk with a rubber spatula.
- Gradually add Bourbon while mixing on low speed until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Thaw rolls covered either at room temperature for approximately 15-30 minutes. They can also be left in the refrigerator overnight and used the next day.
- Widely space 2 thawed rolls on each piece of greased parchment paper on a work surface.
- Cover with an additional piece of lightly greased parchment paper; use a rolling pin to flatten each roll into approximately 8 in diameter (without overlapping).
- Remove the top parchment and scrape extra filling back onto the rolls; place the bottom parchment (with rolls) onto a full-sized baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each flattened roll with ½ Tbsp coarse sugar; bake at 400 F (standard oven) for 10-14 minutes (Convection Oven 350 F 8-12 minutes) or until evenly browned and allow to cool.
- Place one Cinnamon Crisp on a serving plate; add 2 scoops of Bourbon Cream and spread in the center leaving a 1-inch border edge.
- Scatter ½ cup sliced strawberries over cream, ½ tsp rainbow sprinkles, and ½ tsp chocolate sprinkles.
- Garnish with one whole strawberry and serve immediately.