Frozen products shipped with dry ice, which may have dissipated upon arrival. Refreeze steaks at 40°F. Store proteins in the coldest part of your fridge and ensure it's at 40°F or lower. Avoid touching dry ice with bare hands.
Step-by-step thaw method for fully frozen seafood
1) Remove from sealed bags while still frozen.
2) Place on a plate or in a pan and cover with plastic wrap.
3) Product must be kept at a temperature of 4 degrees C or below.
4) Thaw for 24 to 36 hours prior to preparing.
5) It is extremely important to remove the product from the sealed bag as that will eliminate the growth of bacteria.
Quick Thaw Method - Submerge sealed bags in a container of cold water for 30-60 minutes until thawed throughout. Replace water as needed during the process.
Never defrost fish at room temperature. Never defrost fish in warm or hot water.