| Difficulty Level: | Serves 4 | Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 15 min |
Savor the sensational fusion of flavors with our bacon-wrapped filet mignons recipe. Succulent filet mignons are expertly enveloped in crispy bacon, delivering a delightful symphony of textures and tastes. Sear to perfection and finish in the oven for a dish that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you yearning for another bite.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Season the bacon-wrapped filet mignons with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, carefully place the fillets in the hot oil on its side, bacon down. Cook the bacon, turning the steak until the bacon is cooked to your desired doneness. Turn the steak onto one of its faces until well-browned (about 3 minutes). Turn steak over onto its final side, and place the pan into the preheated oven. For a full doneness chart, click here.
- Cook the bacon-wrapped filet mignons until they reach your desired level of doneness, or until the internal temperature reaches 115 -120°F for medium-rare, 130°F for medium doneness.
- Remove the filet mignons from the oven, transfer to a plate, and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a tender result. Then, remove the elastic bands from the steaks.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped filet mignons hot and enjoy them with your favorite sides.