| Difficulty Level: | Serves 1 - 2 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 35 min |
Enjoy this hefty steak cut with generous marbling, savory juiciness, and rich flavor. Paired with Chimichurri Sauce and Compound Butter, this iconic steak is a true delight to meat lovers looking for a memorable at-home dining experience from a romantic date night or loving family dinner.
| Ingredients for Steak:
Cowboy Ribeye Steak
Ingredients for Compound Butter:
10 each of Fresh Figs
1 lb. of Butter
Fresh Basil, Salt, and Pepper (To Taste)
Ingredients for Chimichurri Sauce:
1 Bunch of Fine Chopped Parsley
1 Bunch of Fine Chopped Cilantro
3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
1/4 of Small Diced Onion
1 tbsp. of Red Crushed Pepper
1 tbsp. of Fresh Oregano
2 each of Lemon
2 tbsp. of Red Wine Vinegar
2 Cups of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
- Combine Onion, Red Crushed Pepper, Garlic, Vinegar, Lemon Juice, and 1 tsp. of Salt in a medium bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Cilantro, Parsley, and Oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil.
- Transfer 1/2 Cup of Chimichurri Sauce to a small bowl; season with salt to taste before covering and chilling at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Put softened butter into a small mixing bowl. Use a rubber spatula to evenly fold your chopped fig and chopped basil into it.
- Little by little, fully fold in salt and pepper to your liking. Taste along the way to make sure it is just the right amount of salt to your liking.
- Pat dry your steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4-5 minutes on each side and cook to desired temperature. For a full doneness chart, click here.
- Let steak rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing into it.
- Slice steak and serve with compound butter and chimichurri sauce.