| Difficulty Level: | Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 30 - 40 min |
You can transform ordinary Southern Style Biscuits into delicate Strawberry Shortcakes with this simple recipe from Landry's chefs. This is the perfect sweet treat for the summertime when strawberry season is at its peak! Created by the most talented Pastry Chef Eunice Grassa from our delicious Southern Style Biscuit Dough. Learn more about the chef here.
Ingredients for Sweetened Whipped Cream:
1 Quart of Heavy Cream
1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
Ingredients for Macerated Berries:
1 lb. of Strawberries (Stem Removed, Quartered)
1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- Place frozen biscuit dough with sides touching on greased or parchment-lined baking sheet
- If you have a convectional oven, preheat to 325°F and bake for 18-22 minutes. If you have a conventional oven, preheat to 375°F and bake for 25-29 minutes. Biscuits are ready when tops are golden brown at the center and spring back when touched lightly.
- For more bake times, click here.
- Combine cream and sugar in the work bowl of a Kitchen Aid (or another brand) mixer fitted with whip attachment. Mix until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in an appropriate sized mixing bowl. Allow berries to release their natural syrup (approximately 5-10 minutes)
- Stir, with gloved hands, just until sugar and syrup are combined. Mix gently to avoid breaking strawberries apart. Cool to 40°F.